mardi 14 juillet 2009

Let's face it, it's July already!

It's been a while since my last English entry. Not that I don't think about you, non French speaking fella, but well, lazy me...
Give me a minute to go back for a sec. A few major things happened in the last few months.

First, my sister came over here in May with Jerome (my brother in law), Jean Marc and Sandrine (friends). As they were spending time in New York or Quebec during the 2 weeks they were here, they came back to be with me for the 3 week-ends they had in Canada. This was for me a good opportunity to show my new home to my family, and also go around Ontario for a bit, get out the city!
The first stop was Niagara Falls. A pretty excited experience, even though, I have to admit, Iguazu in Argentina was a little bit more impressive (spoiled girl that I am).
Second week end was a great adventure in Algonquin's park. Hiking, spotting wildlife, canoeing and even tracking... a BEAR! We had a blast, and this was my first real taste of Canada's great nature and scenery, I loved it!
Last but not least, we ended up spending a great Friday night on top of Toronto's world, eating dinner at the CN tower.
It was sad to let them go, but I also knew that I would be seeing them again real soon as I spent a week in France 4 weeks ago.

A week to party, shop, have "after work" drinks, long talks, "small talks", ... Yes, a great week to get back together with my friends and family. And also a nice week to think things over a little.
It's been now more than 6 months since I arrived in Canada. Half of the year is already gone. And what's next? What are my itchy feet telling me? Well... Quite surprisingly, My heart is actually telling me that it may be time for me to give a shot to a life where I stop moving all the time and get to places knowing that I'll move out again in a few months.
So Paris is probably going to be my "new" home at the end of this year. After all, home is where the people you love are! (And this might be THE answer that Canada brought me).

Since then, and actually in the past 2/3 months, work has been crazy. It feels like 24 hours in a day are not enough to do all the things I should be doing. But well, it also gives me the opportunity to go in Montreal from time to time (last time was actually a week ago), and maybe in New York.
If not by my company, it's the plan anyway. I will not leave Toronto without a stop in NY first. Holiday at the Machu Picchu is also a thought in the air (well it's been in the air for a while, but now it's becoming a real project).
So more adventures to come, no worries, even though the idea is that somehow I'll try to settle down a little bit more. There's still to many places to discover in such a short life, and I'm not giving up on making the most of it!

xxx

Aucun commentaire: